Historic McCrary House
Brennan Vineyards is located at one of the oldest remaining homesteads in Texas that dates back as early as 1876. The Historic McCrary House was built by James Madison McCrary who not only owned the local general store and cotton gin, but also served in the Minute-Men Rangers and later the Frontier Battalion. James McCrary and his wife Ella, went on to raise nine children in the Austin Stone home alongside Indian Creek. In true clandestine fashion, the McCrarys planted fruit and pecan orchards along the creek banks where Brennan Vineyards has vineyards today.